The Leadership Academy is a supportive development programme for students who are in a leadership position at University and covers leadership domains such as; college, society, sport, music, theatre and volunteering.
If you will be involved in leading a team or a project in the 2021-2022 academic year, or if you’ve completed the Emerging Leadership Programme, or if you have previous experience in leading a team, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
The Leadership Academy is a highly competitive year-long programme, commencing towards the end of the Summer Term 2021 in order to prepare participants for the start of the 2021-2022 academic year. Enrolment on the programme is free and it is designed to support your personal, leadership, and professional development.
Key elements of the programme (offered virtually and where possible face to face) include:
- Year-long 1:1 personalised mentoring from a Durham alumni or Leadership partner.
- A year-long programme of training opportunities including:
- Leadership training events: including a training weekend in collaboration with uniformed service partners.
- Speakers Series: a diverse selection of interactive talks with guest speakers who are leaders within their industry (see attached link) www.dur.ac.uk/leadership-framework/speakerrecordings/
- Think Tanks: a regular space for student leaders and alumni to encourage a forum for discussions on current issues, sharing views and insights, while having the opportunity to network with alumni in a range of industries.
- Workshops: interactive Lunch, Link and Learn sessions where participants engage with other student leaders in intensive discussion around important elements of leadership.
- Online Toolkit: an extensive directory of online modules covering different aspects of leadership.
If you would like to apply for the programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and further information on the application process.
Closing dates for application submission is Monday 19 April 2021.