Financial Support and Guidance
College: Trust Access Grants
College offer a variety of funding accessible to students in the form of Trust Access Grants. More information can be found here.
If you email firstname.lastname@example.org and set up a meeting, they should be able to help you with getting together the right paperwork.
Please contact email@example.com if you are struggling to pay for anything within the JCR, they will be able to advise and help you.
DU Webpage – ‘How to Budget’
Money Saving Expert – ‘Student Bank Accounts’
Money Saving Expert – ‘Student Checklist’
Save the Student – Budgeting and Banking
My Tutor – ‘Work on your terms. Become an online tutor’
DU Careers Student Portal
StudentJobs.co.uk – they have listings for part-time work, evening work, as well as jobs you can do from home.
Save the Student – Jobs
- There are four types of staff member: Bar Staff, Bar Supervisor, Coffee Shop Staff, and Kitchen Staff
- Applications open as and when JB’s is in need of new staff members.
- Vacancies are advertised via email and are often posted to the JB’s Facebook page
University Funding and Financial Support Pages
DU Financial Support Pages for Current Students
DU Funding Database
DU Undergraduate Scholarships and Bursaries
The Student Support Fund: This is available to all students and is means-tested according to your personal income. The fund is intended for students who have a shortfall between the money available to them and their essential expenditure
- Short-term loans – the student support fund can provide short-term, interest free loans to students that will have guaranteed income in the future but for whom that income has been delayed/ won’t start soon enough for them for them to support themselves in the interim.
- Grants – If the money available to you is lower than your essential expenditure according to the Assessment Procedure you may be eligible for a Grant from the Student Support Fund.
- Long Vacation Loans – Interest-free loans which are awarded to students who are theoretically able to do paid work during the Long Vacation – i.e. in good health with no caring responsibilities or other circumstances which would preclude paid work – but who haven’t been able to find paid work, or who have found paid work but won’t earn enough to meet their essential costs over the Long Vacation.
The COVID-19 Recovery Fund: This fund is intended to provide financial help in the following key areas. To apply to the fund for support under any of these key areas you must have and be able to demonstrate a household income below £62,212.
- Care-leavers, estranged students and students who are required to shield during Lockdown 3
- Financially-disadvantaged students whose families and finances have been significantly reduced by Coronavirus
- Keyworkers and the children of NHS and other global front line service workers in need of financial support
- Researchers working in key Covid-19 recovery fields, renewing society and economy in many creative areas
- Class of 2020 graduates whose finances and wellbeing have been hit hardest by the pandemic.