Finance committee handles all the JCR finance and makes sure societies are funded and balls are paid for. It’s a big job, so get in touch with the treasurer if you are interested in money!
Here are some roles that you could run for to get started in JCR finances:
(full list of roles and more information here)
The finance trustees (x3):
- Sit on the finance committee.
- Represent the views of the JCR membership and act in a voting capacity on the committee
The working class rep:
- Is a role internally elected within Equality and Diversity Committee
- Sits on the finance committee.
- Represent the views of the JCR membership (specifically students of working class backgrounds) and act in a voting capacity on the committee
The JCR vice-treasurer:
- Sits on finance committee
- Represents the views of the JCR membership and act in a voting capacity on the committee.
- Acts as an assistant officer to the treasurer, including helping with:
- Collection of payments for events, activities, sports and societies.
- Managing the finance section of the website.
- Managing the JCR’s financial accounts.
- Publicising and enforcing finance-related deadlines.
Join the Teams